Mission, Vision, Purposes
To ensure individuals with Down syndrome in Massachusetts are valued, included, and given the opportunities to pursue fulfilling lives by providing information, networking opportunities, and advocacy for people with Down syndrome and their families, educators, health care professionals, and the community-at-large.
The MDSC wants to be recognized by people with Down syndrome and their families, educators, health care professionals, and the community-at-large as the preeminent organization in Massachusetts for information, networking, and advocacy for and about Down syndrome.
- To better educate the public in Massachusetts about the possibilities and potential of all people with Down syndrome throughout their lifetime.
- To educate our stakeholders through a clearinghouse of information and resources related to Down syndrome including best evidence-based practices in Massachusetts.
- To enable networking, social/friendship opportunities and direct supports for all people with Down syndrome and their families throughout Massachusetts.
- To advocate that all individuals with Down syndrome in Massachusetts have high quality education, which includes transition planning and life-long learning.
- To empower all people with Down syndrome to become effective self-advocates.
- To advocate for improved systemic change and policy in issues such as community inclusion and employment for adults with Down syndrome.
- To ensure that expectant and new families receive accurate and up-to-date information and desired supports.
- To advocate for all individuals with Down syndrome to have access to high quality medical services and research.