MDSC Board Nomination Form
At our 31th Annual Conference in Worcester, MA on March 28nd, 2015, MDSC members will have an opportunity to vote on new persons to the MDSC Board of Directors. At this time, we are seeking nominations for committed individuals who would be willing to serve a 3-year term. The commitment of MDSC Board Members has been the catalyst to the legacy of the MDSC's 30 years. The Board members’ role is to provide overall governance for the organization and to focus on development of policies, fundraising, financial oversight, and strategic planning.
While all nominations are welcomed, the MDSC is particularly looking for nominees who meet one or more of the following desired characteristics:
- Person with a public relations, communications or marketing background with leadership experience in the corporate sector.
- Person with expertise in Government Affairs
- Person with executive leadership and business skills
- Person with entrepreneurial background skills
- Person who has built contacts in the community and can bring those connections to the board, whether financial or other
Note: persons without a direct connection with Down syndrome and with a strong interest in community involvement will be recruited and strongly considered in order to provide the Board with new perspectives and connections. The MDSC also welcomes applicants from all diverse backgrounds.
All nominations for the Board of Directors should be submitted online or postmarked no later than February 1, 2015. Please do not hesitate to contact MDSC Board member Louise Borke at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Board nomination process. View a list of the current Board of Directors.