Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome
Massachusetts D.A.D.S. is an organization of fathers of children with Down syndrome whose mission is to assist and support each other and their families through fellowship and action. Mass. D.A.D.S. is a proud affiliate of the MDSC.
Members come together at monthly meetings to share insights, stories, and experiences that are unique to fathers of children with Down syndrome. They invite expert speakers to discuss medical, educational, financial, social and many other challenges that affect their children's lives.
D.A.D.S. objectives are:
- To create a network of fathers willing to develop a program based on the needs of the fathers themselves.
- To enhance a father's knowledge and provide resources for engaging with children and individuals with Down syndrome.
- To enhance personal advocacy skills.
- To heighten a family's ability to cope with the unique challenges of raising a child with Down syndrome.
- To provide a safe atmosphere of support where fathers can openly share.
For more information visit the Massachusetts D.A.D.S. website.