- Parents First Call
- Teens and Adults
- Buddy Walk
- Health Care Professionals
- Public Policy
- Diversity Outreach and Support
- Down Syndrome-Autism Connection
- Dads Appreciating Down
Self-Advocate Advisory Council
Self Advocate Advisory Council Members at 2011 Buddy Walk & Family Picnic
The Self-Advocate Advisory Council (SAAC) is the MDSC’s newest initiative to give voice to self-advocates. The SAAC is open to any adult with Down syndrome 21 years old and older who has an interest in developing leadership and self-advocacy skills.
The Self-Advocate Advisory Council will:
- Advise the MDSC Management Team on issues of importance to young adults with Down syndrome
- Advise the MDSC Management Team about the self-advocate role in MDSC events and programs, including the MDSC’s Advocates in Motion (AIM) program
- Develop personal leadership and self-advocacy skills
- Participate in joint ventures with the AIM program, the MDSC Legislative Task Force, and general community outreach projects
Members of the Council will serve for at least two years, meeting approximately 5 evenings per year at the MDSC office in Burlington, MA.
The application process is now closed. If you are interested in being a future Council member, please stay tuned for information on possible openings in late 2013!