- Journey to Adulthood: Transition Travel Guide - A comprehensive transition guide for youth and their families with chapters on school, work, transportation, housing, money management, social activities, and more. Chapters include transition activities that you can work on as you go through your transition journey.
- One of the best ways to start getting involved in your transition is to attend your IEP meetings. California's Department of Developmental Services has great transition resources including a Leading My Own Team Meeting guide and video. Check out their Think - Plan - Do page for resources on other transition topics.
- The Arc of Massachusetts has created Transition Timelines, a brochure that gives an overview of what transition is and what steps you should take starting at age 14 and going all the way through to age 22.
- The Road Forward is a transition planning guide provided by the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS). The DDS website has additional resources on turning 22 and self determination and contact information for DDS' central, regional and area offices.
- The Transitions Research & Training Center at UMASS Medical School has put together a wonderful tip sheet on Teens on IEPs: Making My ‘Transition’ Services Work for Me
- Thinking about college? Check out the Think College website to explore programs in Massachusetts and beyond!